"...we should pass over all biographies of 'the good and the great,' while we search carefully the slight records of wretches who died in prison, in Bedlam, or upon the gallows."
~Edgar Allan Poe

Friday, August 30, 2013

Weekend Link Dump


Strange company thinks we all should learn to tiptoe through the tulips.


Just like the cats.

On to this week's Stroll Through the Strange:

So, what the hell visited a Spanish beach?

Or a New York beach?

What the hell are we hearing?

What the hell is playing patty-cake with this funeral home?

What the hell darkened the sky in 1780?

What the hell is on Saturn?

It's a pet!  It's a baby!  It's the ultimate what the bloody freaking hell is it?!

No, hold on, maybe this is the ultimate what the, etc., etc.

What can I say?  It's just been that kind of week.

For heaven's sake:  The debunker debunked?

Take a look at this photo....

...and, trust me, you'll never be able to hear this song in quite the same way again.



What Jane Austen didn't tell you.

An encounter with a Cornish devil.

A tale of Bigfoot and Dream Circles.

Archaeology is starting to diss the Vikings.

Archaeology is starting to catch on to the ancient Romans.

"Love Spells, Prostitutes, and Poison."  Kinda says it all, what?

After reading this story, all I can say is, if "Mark Twain's Cave" isn't haunted, by God it should be.

Same goes for these Mystery Caves in Nepal.

And let's not even think about this old Irish castle.

Revenge of the Salad Bar!

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn’t there again today
I wish, I wish he’d go away...

When I came home last night at three
The man was waiting there for me
But when I looked around the hall
I couldn’t see him there at all!
Go away, go away, don’t you come back any more!
Go away, go away, and please don’t slam the door... (slam!)

Last night I saw upon the stair
A little man who wasn’t there
He wasn’t there again today
Oh, how I wish he’d go away

Edgar Allan Poe, the Sparknotes Edition, via his greatest enemy on Twitter:















Let's end on an "up" note:  Meet the gorgeous cats of London's East End.

That's it for this week.  I'll see you on Labor Day, with some truly heaven-sent music.

I suppose you can guess I'm not exaggerating.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, the Spitalfields cats are marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them. Here are some links to earlier posts from that blog about the Spitalfield Cats:

    http://spitalfieldslife.com/2012/12/02/the-cats-of-spitalfields/

    http://spitalfieldslife.com/2012/12/09/more-cats-of-spitalfields/

    http://spitalfieldslife.com/2013/04/01/more-east-end-cats/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. Because no one gets to be rude and obnoxious around here except the author of this blog.